This guy (whose name I shall not utter as he probably googles himself) today released a statement to say he received "a flash from the Spirit of God: that His conditional protection has been removed from the nation of Australia, in particular Victoria, for approving the slaughter of innocent children in the womb"
i.e. "God told me in a dream last week that he doesn't love Victoria anymore because of the state's stance on abortion. The bushfires are the obvious result of that."
Dickhead. Dickhead for the following reasons (oh, where to start?):
- God's love is unconditional (random page proving my point).
- God most probably does not exist.
- Dreams are just you talking to yourself.
- Telling people who have lost loved ones that it's because God is punishing them really doesn't help.
- Telling people what you think they need to hear isn't necessarily what they actually need to hear.
- Using a national disaster to push you own politics is disgusting, immoral and bordering on evil.
- Using religious righteousness as the excuse for the above is worse.