Monday, February 21, 2011

Containment

Just finished reading Containment by Christian Cantrell.
This was one of those cheap books you pick up for three dollars, and read on the off chance that it could be any good. Frankly, the cover art did it for me, and for three dollars was willing to judge a book by its cover.
With a little known author like this, I might be willing to just give it up partway through if it really sucks, and honestly, there was one chapter early on where this was the case. It seemed very unrealistic.
But then it seriously picked up. With a little bit of mystery and deception and a very dark undercurrent, I hammered through the rest of the book.
The cover art turned out to be completely misleading, but then I wasn't disappointed with the read, so that's OK I guess.

No comments: